Edexcel Level 2 BTEC First Award in Engineering
This course is designed to inspire students through a variety of Engineering based activities. Students will be encouraged to take responsibility for their own learning and develop skills essential for the modern workplace. All learners are required to complete a programme of core and specialist optional units up to a total of 120 guided learning hours.
What will I study?
The course will include:
- Two core units:
- The Engineered World – an externally assessed unit (1 hour examination).
- Investigating an Engineered Product – internally assessed folder and practical work.
- Specialist units dealing with:
- Machining techniques
How will I be assessed?
- Teacher assessments recorded against the course criteria throughout assignments.
- Teacher observations of safe workshop
- The production of engineered products and work pieces.
- A one hour online examination
- Peer and self-assessment.
This course is suited to learners wanting to:
- Gain employment in the engineering sector on leaving school at 18.
- Continue with further education progressing to more advanced BTEC courses.