Wellbeing Award – Achievements 2018 to 2019
The progress has been divided into four categories, General, Students, Parents and Staff.
- Evaluation stakeholder surveys to pupils, parents and staff.
- Set up six Wellbeing Teams with team leaders to complete the different objectives.
- Produced a Wellbeing Award promotional/information leaflet.
- Improved sources of support signposting for students and staff.
- Wellbeing section added to school website .
- New Health, Safety & Welfare Committee.
- New branding and related Wellbeing badges for Wellbeing Staff and Student Champions.
- Mental Health Awareness Day Day – Pop Up Café and Talk led by Year 11 peer listeners, mentors and Healthy Child Team (10 October 2018).
- Series of Wellbeing Assemblies across all year groups.
- Year 11 Citizenship Day (15 November) – ‘What Next? Life After Year 11?’
- Group of Year 9 students visited Vida Healthcare in Starbeck for a music afternoon (15 November).
- Year 9 – Promoting Mental Health and Wellbeing form time activities – pilot project
- Key pastoral staff photo poster on all form noticeboards and in other key areas of the school.
- Information about the work of The Attic on posters across school.
- Brave Faces display board to reduce mental health stigma on languages corridor.
- ‘What do I do if I need to talk?’ labels for all student planners signposting sources of help for all pupils.
- E-Safety Information Sessions held for all students on 10 December led by Harrogate Police and Mr A Johnson (Head of Year 7).
- Launch of Stakeholders Newsletters – Wellbeing Focus – monthly information for pupils encouraging more involvement in the WAS and launched the wellbeing logo competition.
- New Wellbeing books in the school library plus help from the school librarians of a suggested wellbeing reading list.
- New links with Time to Change and looking at potential for future training support from this organisation.
- New links with Harrogate Mesmac and LGBT groups with planned triaging for key pastoral staff and assemblies across all year groups.
- Year 11 Citizenship Day – ‘Smart Choices and keeping safe’. ‘An Invisible Man’ theatre company performed YOLO – You Only Live Once and Stonewall School Champion – Jessica Lynn – came in to share her story. (20 December).
- Launched Confide, a confidential referral system for all students.
- Y10 Mental Health Carousel Day – Wednesday 19 June.
- Time to talk week – w/c 4 February included lots of student participation to support wellbeing at school and in the wider community.
- Student Council relaunched with Mr Robinson.
- Wellbeing Champions and Y11 Peer Listeners have had MHFA Training from Miss Lewis.
- Healthy Child Team nurses attended Year 10 parents’ evening (20 November) and will attend future parent evenings for other year groups
- Parent Support Sessions on Drugs Awareness, E-Safety Awareness, Equalities, Diversity and Inclusion Awareness, Transgender Awareness, Stress, Anxiety and Sleep, Parent Masterclass on Transition and Pastoral Support – see Wellbeing Events section for full details.
- Launch of Stakeholders Newsletters – monthly information for parents/carers.
- Compass Buzz Level 2 Mental Health Training completed by Heads of Year and key pastoral staff on 24 and 25 October.
- Compass Buzz Level 3 Mental Health Training completed by senior Pastoral Team.
- Staff Wellbeing afternoon on 7 January 2019
- New Wellbeing noticeboard for staff.
- New Wall of Gratitude for staff.
- Wellbeing teaching staff meeting to gather views on current provision and future needs on 27 November. The same information to be shared with non teaching staff through team meetings.
- Launch of Stakeholders Newsletters – Wellbeing Update – monthly information for staff.
- Weekly Wellbeing Support Group for ITT and NQT teachers
- Health Assured (Confidential Support Service) Information circulated to all staff.
- New Communications Policy.
- Appointment of Wellsprings Counsellor.
- Range of Wellbeing initiatives for staff (Wellbeing Heros, Wellbeing Kitty, Wellbeing Hour).