Wellbeing Award Autumn Term Progress and Future Priorities
The progress has been divided into four categories, General, Students, Parents and Staff.
- Evaluation stakeholder surveys to pupils, parents and staff.
- Set up six Wellbeing Teams with team leaders to complete the different objectives.
- Produced a Wellbeing Award promotional/information leaflet.
- Mental Health Awareness Day Day – Pop Up Café and Talk led by Year 11 peer listeners, mentors and Healthy Child Team (10 October 2018).
- Year 11 Citizenship Day (15 November) – ‘What Next? Life After Year 11?’
- Group of Year 9 students visited Vida Healthcare in Starbeck for a music afternoon (15 November).
- Year 9 – Promoting Mental Health and Wellbeing form time activities – pilot project
- Key pastoral staff photo poster on all form noticeboards and in other key areas of the school.
- Information about the work of The Attic on posters across school.
- Brave Faces display board to reduce mental health stigma on languages corridor.
- ‘What do I do if I need to talk?’ labels for all student planners signposting sources of help for all pupils.
- E-Safety Information Sessions held for all students on 10 December led by Harrogate Police and Mr A Johnson (Head of Year 7).
- Launch of Stakeholders Newsletters – Wellbeing Focus – monthly information for pupils encouraging more involvement in the WAS and launched the wellbeing logo competition.
- New wellbeing books in the school library plus help from the school librarians of a suggested wellbeing reading list.
- New links with Time to Change and looking at potential for future training support from this organisation.
- New links with Harrogate Mesmac and LGBT groups with planned triaging for key pastoral staff and assemblies across all year groups.
- Year 11 Citizenship Day – ‘Smart Choices and keeping safe’. ‘An Invisible Man’ theatre company performed YOLO – You Only Live Once and Stonewall School Champion – Jessica Lynn – came in to share her story. (20 December).
- Launched Confide, a confidential referral system for all students.
- Time to talk week – w/c 4 February included lots of student participation to support wellbeing at school and in the wider community.
- Healthy Child Team nurses attended Year 10 parents’ evening (20 November) and will attend future parent evenings for other year groups
- Drugs Awareness Information Evening for Parents 0n 15 October co-ordinated by school, Harrogate Police and NYCC Prevention Service.
- E-Safety Information Session for Parents on 10 December led by Harrogate Police and Mr A Johnson (Head of Year 7).
- Launch of Stakeholders Newsletters – monthly information for parents/carers.
- Compass Buzz Level 2 Mental Health Training completed by Heads of Year and key pastoral staff on 24 and 25 October.
- Staff Wellbeing afternoon on 7 January 2019
- New Wellbeing noticeboard for staff.
- New Wall of Gratitude for staff.
- Wellbeing teaching staff meeting to gather views on current provision and future needs on 27 November. The same information to be shared with non teaching staff through team meetings.
- Launch of Stakeholders Newsletters – Wellbeing Update – monthly information for staff.
- Weekly Wellbeing Support Group for ITT and NQT teachers
- Health Assured (Confidential Support Service) Information circulated to all staff.
What are our current priorities?
- Launch pupils voice with assistance from sixth formers.
- Identify and train pupil and staff wellbeing champions.
- More signposting information for pupils, staff and parents.
- Further wellbeing information on the School website.
- Examine some of the longer term and fundamental changes to improve staff wellbeing.
- Visit other schools to see what they are doing.
- Wellbeing Mini’s and Toolkits – five key areas of mental health – 15 minute taster sessions for students to attend on a voluntary basis.
- More anti stigma and signposting displays around school.
- Launch Wellbeing Angels.
- Wellbeing Assemblies.
- Parents Information evenings.
- Provide badges with the wellbeing logo on to identify staff and students Wellbeing Champions.
- Mental Health 1st aid Course for staff.
- Y10 Mental Health Carousel Day – Wednesday 19 June.