Please contact Miss Gregg (Acting Assistant Head) at school with any queries about Pupil Premium. Her e-mail is email@example.com
The Government requires the school to publish information about how we use Pupil Premium Funding:
In 2011-12 the Government launched its Pupil Premium funding. This money is sent to schools based on the numbers of pupils in the school who are eligible for Free School Meals (FSM) or Looked After Children. From 2012-13, it has been expanded to include all children who have been eligible for FSM within the last 6 years.
This money is allocated to initiatives to ensure pupils reach their full potential, both academically and socially.
- We ensure that teaching and learning opportunities meet the needs of all of the pupils.
- We ensure that appropriate provision is made for pupils who belong to vulnerable groups, this includes ensuring that the needs of socially disadvantaged pupils are adequately assessed and addressed.
- In making provision for socially disadvantaged pupils, we recognize that not all pupils who receive free school meals will be socially disadvantaged
- We also recognise that not all pupils who are socially disadvantaged are registered or qualify for free school meals. We reserve the right to allocate the Pupil Premium funding to support any pupil or groups of pupils the school has legitimately identified as being socially disadvantaged.
The range of provision the Governors may consider include:
- Reducing class sizes thus improving opportunities for effective AfL and accelerating progress
- Providing small group work with an experienced teacher focused on overcoming gaps in learning
- 1‐1 support and/or additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through learning mentors, trained TAs or external agencies
- Supporting families in affording school trips and extra curricular activities to ensure that all children have access to a range of experiences
All our work through the pupil premium will be aimed at accelerating progress, moving children to age related expectations. Initially this will be in Literacy and Numeracy.
Pupil premium resources may also be used to target more able children on FSM to achieve their full potential.
Please click on the link below to access further information about Pupil Premium in our school.