As a Catholic School charitable fundraising is a very important aspect of our mission. Our students are encouraged to support a wide range of charities including CAFOD. The students work as individuals, as part of their form, as members of the school council and as a whole school to raise money. Recent projects include:-
- The Knaresborough Bed Race. Our brilliant Bed Race Team achieved our fastest time ever, supported by a group of 30+ staff on the day. Team captain Anthony Hussey paid glowing tribute to his squad singling out Year 7 student Hattie Robson for special praise. “She steered us round the course like a future Formula 1 Racing Driver. We were utterly exhausted at the end – but a great day and a great cause to get Year 13 student Jordan Teodori Faith his prosthetic leg”. Over £1,500 was raised for this event.
- Harvest Tin Tower – in 2017, 1,531 tins were donated to St Pio Priory Soup Kitchen in Bradford exceeding 2016’s amount by 500.
- Macmillan Coffee Morning – A total of £592 was raised in 2017.
- CAFOD Soup and Roll Fundraiser – £680 in 2017
- CAFOD Shoe Shine – £227 in 2018
- CAFOD and the Good Shepherd – a sponge throwing event was held and raised £30.05
- ‘Jogging for Jordan’ appeal including 50% of Christmas Jumper Donations 2017/18 – £4,707
- PAFRAS Donations from Christmas Carol concert 2017 – £212
- Lenton Project (Easter Chicks) – £385 in 2018
- Wear Red Day for the Children’s Heart Surgery Fund at Leeds General Infirmary. In February 2017, a total of £703.45 was raised for this worthy cause.
One of our main fundraising events is CHILDREN IN NEED which is organised by the 6th form. In a week of fun filled events including a staff v student football match, auction, 6th Form pantomime, quiz and bake-off, we raised well over £5,015 in 2017.
St John Fisher is also proud to support the work of Martin House Children’s Hospice.