Year 9 Rome Pilgrimage
- Visiting the Vatican to see first hand the Sistine Chapel paintings we learn about in class for G.C.S.E
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation in St. Peter’s Basilica
- Waving to the Pope’s window in St. Peter’s Square
- Imagining ferocious battles in the Colosseum from our elevated place of privilege
- Regaling the Majesty of the Trevi Fountain
- Envisioning the Chariot racing in the Circus Maximus
- Experiencing the delights of Italian cuisine in traditional restaurants
- Looking for ancient graffiti and amazing at the complexity of the Catacombs
- Dropping into a photo shoot on the Spanish Steps
- Perusing Italian fashion and religious souvenir shops for unique gifts (Including T shirts showing Michelangelo doing the ‘Dab’!?!)
- Votive candle lighting in a plethora of Churches
- Wildlife appreciation in ancient temple ruins
- Celebrating Mass and spotting images of St. John Fisher on the walls of the English College
- and Mr. Atkin’s lunchtime favourite – the pizza and gelato shops.
Our visit was packed with Roman adventure and culture. By the end, the students had coined the phrase and learned to “walk confidently” with each other, establishing new friendships and memories. Arrivederci Roma!
Please note: We hope to offer this trip to Year 9 in February 2021. Please see Mrs Dimond or Mr Atkin if you would like further information.